Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Product of the Week: Greens - Getting in my Daily 8!


Before I started my journey, I had a VERY hard time getting in my 8 daily servings of fruits and veggies. And trust me, I LOVE fruits and veggies. It's INCREDIBLY hard to get in 8 servings everyday, especially for me because my family is really picky and I am pretty much the ONLY one in this house who likes vegetables. Even eating a salad everyday, veggies at dinner and fresh fruit for snacks through out the day, I was still finding it almost impossible to get them in and just be sure of it, and feel good about the fact I handled it.

Eating those things, fresh fruits and veggies (and I am definitely not talking about the canned kind, or potatoes or corn) should come naturally to us, but for some reason, somewhere down the line, humans decided they were gross, or nasty, or unappetizing. I blame the 70's and the invention of microwaves and jelled everything. Heh...


I have friends who are Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw, and even some of them have issues getting in the required greens on a daily basis. Aside from spending a ton of money on a juicer, produce, pre-made expensive juices, there aren't a lot of fantastic ways to get it in and be done with it for the day.


Doesn't that sound fantastic? 8 servings in the morning and then not having to worry about ANYTHING for the rest of the day? Did I get enough? Am I ingesting the right kind? Does it taste good? I had ALL of these issues. I spent TONS of money on premade organic juices at the cost of $5 a bottle and UP! A good powerful juicer is going to set you back AT LEAST $200 or more.


And once you get past the taste of raw greens, you might be good to go. Trust me, I've done it. I've tried the sweet fruit varieties, the leafy kale infused varieties. I've even just chugged and hoped I could deal with the aftertaste. Some are built for this lifestyle, after careful scientific testing I have concluded, I am not. So I looked for better alternatives so I could get in what my body needed without the aftertaste grazing on grass all day.

Enter Greens.

I started taking them 3 weeks ago, 2 scoops every day, in the morning. I was AMAZED at how I wasn't hungry throughout the day, I didn't want to binge on sweets and I even stopped craving junk completely. Every now and then I still treat myself, but I am definitely not downing fistfuls of processed crap anymore. I even have more energy (and with 2 kids at home for summer, that's a MUST HAVE!).

It's made for those of us who don't have time to juice, the money to buy loads of produce and expensive juices, ones who can't stand the taste of raw dark greens, but still need the nutrients and health benefits. You can drink it in water, or juice, or lemonade, or even in a breakfast shake. It's got 8+ servings of all the fruits and veggies you need. It detoxifies, it alkalizes, it promotes a healthy body pH. With acidity fighting magnesium and potassium, cutting-edge probiotic support (to promote healthy digestion) and 38 herbs and nutrient rich superfoods, it's an amazing choice. Plus it's full of all sorts of free radical fighting antioxidants and comes in orange or berry flavors. I actually look forward to drinking it everyday. It contains spirulina, broccoli, dandelion greens, chlorella, milk thistle, beet juice, turmeric, watercress, kale, spinach and loads more.

It comes in the regular 30 day supply, a "to-go" variety, and also a larger value tub with 3 times the amount of our regular tub. Plus it also comes in a handy chewy supplement as well that is TOTALLY kid friendly.

Don't forget to sign up as a Loyal Customer and save 40% on ALL purchases! It's a fantastic deal.

Questions? Feedback? Personal Successes? I love to hear them, so please leave me some love in the comments below!

xoxo,
Berta!

No comments:

Post a Comment